Why Usability Testing?
- Usability Testing can give deeper insights about your users and the product.
- Testing users don’t have to be complicated or rigorous.
- Testing users can be fun, easy, and most of all – FAST.
Conducting Lean Usability Testing
- Recruit 5 users from your target audience
- Select different tasks you want the users to achieve (change filter, log out, etc.) Test one user at a time.
- Ask each user to talk-out-loud as he/she works on each task.
Observe user behaviors
- To avoid bias, the researcher should follow a “script” each time when explaining tasks.
- Analyze the results (number of clicks to navigate, different paths, facial expressions, etc.)
Why 5 users and not 500?
“Elaborate usability tests are a waste of resources. The best results come from testing no more than 5 users and running as many small tests as you can afford” – JAKOB NIELSEN